Welcome

Choice. That's what life is about. We always have a choice in life - no matter the circumstance (even if we are only left with a choice to forgive). All choices have consequences. Some good - some not. And what we learn from these consequences creates who we are. Return to www.choicesthatchangeyou.com

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Choices and Commitment

I recently read a book that mentioned commitment... and more specifically commitment to yourself.

Commitment for me is really easy - when it comes to others. But to myself is another story. I realized that many times I sacrificed myself for the benefit of someone else only to find that I was left drained and empty.

So I have made a commitment to myself. I will...
Take care of my body by exercising, stretching, and eating healthy foods every day
Take care of my spirit by praying, reading scriptures, meditating, and letting go of any negative thought and replacing it with hope, gratitude, and happiness
Take care of my mind by reading, learning, and/or discussing something every day
Treat myself as good as I treat others and that means LOVING myself as I LOVE others, too.
There are a lot things that I would like to accomplish in this life - and to live joyously. I found this video that is very inspirational. Here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sctlc_TQzLU

Here is my favorite quote from it:
"I have learned that there are only 2 things that will create your dreams.
1. Your Choice 2. Your commitment to those choices"

I believe this to be true. I hope your choices match your dreams and you find the commitment to honor those choices. Choices are what change us... for better or worse.
Best Wishes and Much Love,
Martina

No comments:

Post a Comment